It doesn't take much to make me laugh and seeing the word "Fart" all over signs in Stockholm, definitely made me giggle. And seeing the words "Fart" and "Hinder" together seemed worthy of a photo especially after discovering that "Fart" is defined in the dictionary as either "Speed" or "Sleeping Police Officer." Gotta love a country that warns you about sleeping cops ahead.Unfortunately, not everything we saw in Stockholm made me laugh. A visit to the Modern Art Museum left me nauseous. The main exhibit featured an American artist that worked for Playboy for years as a cartoonist. Granted, there was a warning that the exhibit wasn't for sensitive people. Since I've never been accused of being sensitive, I went in and quickly regretted it. While I used to find Playboy cartoons very funny when I was in college sneaking peaks at my boyfriend's father's copies (by the way, the articles were very well written), this artist had moved beyond silly cartoons into solo performance art. I've never been a big fan of censorship, but I would have liked to have met up with the museum curator and hit him upside the head for thinking this repulsive stuff was art.
No comments:
Post a Comment