Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Unaccompanied Minors...


When my parents asked if I’d consider letting the girls fly alone to visit them in California this summer, I was unsure--were these two small girls ready to fly alone for 11 hours? However, when they offered to pay for the tickets, I knew instantly that the girls were ready. The only thing that took any time to decide was where Jimmy and I would be going as soon as they left. Ashlynn’s barely been able to contain her excitement for the last 4 months with visions of flying for the first time on a 747 , devouring fresh CA sushi and doing tricks in a heated pool. When I dropped them off this morning, they were mature and excited with barely a glance back as they left me. The airline seems to take good care of solo kids except perhaps the unconventional security screening. Good thing though that they took the extra precautions as the girls were caught trying to smuggle an Apple into the US--the Granny Smith variety, not the iPhone.

No comments: