We found a different route back to Murren through a children’s adventure park and past some small waterfalls. We then dropped the girls at the park to play giant chess while we hiked to Winteregg. Murren is car-free and small enough to allow the kids to wander without us. As believers of free range parenting, this was the perfect city for us since it was safe to leave the kids while we got in some additional hiking. Ashlynn was also happy to play with her new buddy Zoe, an Australian living in Brussels.
1 comment:
Was just catching up on some old blog updates and noticed your link to Free Range Parents under the Ditching the Kids in Eiger. I'm in the middle of the book "Last Child in the Woods", and I have to say that I couldn't agree more!!! The statistics back up the fact that we are safe and instead we're scared to death to let our kids roam and play freely "on the edge". It's that free, unstructured play time that they really need to grow and learn. Anyway, thought I'd leave this comment...Love you guys!!! Zach and I just got back from Camping and Caving in West Virginia with the Boy Scouts....what a blast!!!
Post a Comment