
After a 6+ hour drive through the mountains of Bosnia, we made our way back into Croatia to visit the incredibly picturesque Plitvice Lakes National Park, our 4th UNESCO World Heritage stop on this trip. This park is made up of 16 lakes interconnected by cascades of varying sizes. We got an early start in an attempt to beat the crowds, but mostly we were separated from the masses because we chose the longest hiking route. The trails varied from paths high above the lakes (where I took these photos) to down to the water’s level to crossing the water on wooden walkways. We were so enthralled with the natural beauty and desire to see everything that we hiked for almost 8 hours with just a beer, apple strudel and ice cream bar for energy. Sadly, I could barely walk after I finally sat down for dinner, but it was worth it.
No comments:
Post a Comment