Friday, August 28, 2009

Day #5 of Cycling in Sweden...


We packed up the car so Camilla could drive to her cottage in Hoganas (near the western coast) and pick up her sister, Natasha, and her friend, Lizzie. Marianne and I set off for what we anticipated to be an immensely hilly ride. Lucky for me, it was mostly rolling hills which were quite manageable. We were thankful that we packed a lunch as we didn’t pass a single shop or cafe. Was bummed we didn’t see any moose. Got excited when I saw some deer up until the time I noticed the fence around them. After 40.5 miles reached Bjuv. Met a few local drunks at the town pizza joint while waiting for Camilla’s university buddy, Mat (with one “t”) to take us back to his place. The other ladies joined us for a delicious homemade dinner of salad, fish soup and tiramisu.

No comments: