
When we found out that James would be away during the girls’ half term break, I asked a friend from book club if she’d like to join us in Austria. Betsy had been before, but was happy to go again to see some places she’d missed. We spent the night before in her lovely apartment in Amsterdam so we’d be near the airport for our early morning flight to Vienna. After a nap at the hotel (conveniently timed during a thunderstorm), we hit the town. Our first stop was the very impressive cathedral. I knew that I’d chosen a good travel partner when the first words out of Betsy’s mouth when she saw the ceiling was “Holy s*&%”; she’d failed to notice that she standing by a priest at the time. Here the girls are on the walk up to the clock tower.

The city center of Vienna is quite beautiful with a lot of impressive buildings. We enjoyed watching a few minutes of a free symphonic concert before heading to the rose garden.
No comments:
Post a Comment