Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 1: Our Cycling Adventure...

Just two days after we returned from France, the girls flew to California for 2.5 weeks with my parents. Jimmy and I had planned to spend two weeks cycling to Berlin, but two obstacles got in the way--we only had one week since Jimmy had to get back to work and I’d miscalculated how far Berlin was (600 miles instead of 600 kilometers!) So we set off the day after the girls left to see just how far we could get. As you can see, Jimmy was the pack mule so I wouldn’t be weighted down.
We set off after work at 4pm. The 40-mile route was very pretty along canals much of the way to Utrecht. This was the only place we’d pre-booked a hotel because we knew we’d be arriving at night. We got a great deal at the 5-star Karel V Grand. Had a wonderful dinner at a small restaurant at the canal’s edge.

No comments: