Friday, January 28, 2011

Our Holiday “Staycation”...


After much debate about what to do over the Christmas break, Jimmy came up with the idea to have the girls take scuba lessons. He and I got our scuba certifications in 1999 and have waited many years for the girls to be old enough to learn. We contacted Peter, the owner of Dutch Scuba Diver at The Globe (a mall for adventure sports) and he had availability to give them private lessons in the pool at his shop. Here they are about to breathe compressed air for the first time. That very first session, they learned to clear their masks and find a dropped regulator. Jimmy and I went in as well to refresh our skills; I only lasted that first session (I like diving around fish not pool toys), but Jimmy continued to go in throughout their course. Peter did a great job balancing the teaching of skills with free swim time. It didn’t take long before the girls were doing somersaults and acting like they’d been breathing underwater for years.

No comments: