Friday, April 20, 2012

Back to Garmisch, Germany

For February break, we went on the company ski trip to Garmisch, Germany so the girls could go to ski school. I was thrilled that two of my friends from the AWC were along on the trip. Johanna, Frank and Olivia traveled with us from Holland; we all laughed at this sign on the train.
There was no ski school on that first day which was President’s Day, so Jimmy took the girls skiing and sledding. I spent the day with Jan and Bob. We went to the Eibsee, a lake at the foot of Germany’s tallest mountain, for a walk. The last time I was at this lake several years ago, Jimmy and I had cycled here and the paths were completely iced over. Luckily, there was a lot more snow, so the walking was much easier.
Afterwards, we had lunch in Grainau at this charming Bavarian restaurant.

No comments: