We preferred the much smaller Rudas Bath. This centerpiece of the bath was built in 1550 with its Turkish dome and octagonal pool. Surrounding it are four thermal pools ranging from a cool 82° F/ 28° C to a toasty 107° F/ 42° C. Since it was a Turkish bath, I thought we’d get a massage like the one I had in Turkey. Boy, was I wrong! While Jimmy enjoyed his massage, my masseuse looked like Attila the Hun and seemed to take pleasure in beating me with his bar of soap.
Monday, November 26, 2012
Spa Time in Budapest...
After cycling, we visited Szechenyi Thermal Baths, which is the largest medicinal bath in Europe. Built in 1913, its water is supplied by two thermal springs. It has 3 outdoor and 15 indoor pools of varying temperatures.
We preferred the much smaller Rudas Bath. This centerpiece of the bath was built in 1550 with its Turkish dome and octagonal pool. Surrounding it are four thermal pools ranging from a cool 82° F/ 28° C to a toasty 107° F/ 42° C. Since it was a Turkish bath, I thought we’d get a massage like the one I had in Turkey. Boy, was I wrong! While Jimmy enjoyed his massage, my masseuse looked like Attila the Hun and seemed to take pleasure in beating me with his bar of soap.
We preferred the much smaller Rudas Bath. This centerpiece of the bath was built in 1550 with its Turkish dome and octagonal pool. Surrounding it are four thermal pools ranging from a cool 82° F/ 28° C to a toasty 107° F/ 42° C. Since it was a Turkish bath, I thought we’d get a massage like the one I had in Turkey. Boy, was I wrong! While Jimmy enjoyed his massage, my masseuse looked like Attila the Hun and seemed to take pleasure in beating me with his bar of soap.
Labels:
Budapest


No comments:
Post a Comment