When a friend asked if I wanted her dog trailer before she moved, I was quick to say yes. As I knew that she owned only top-notch bikes, it never dawned on me that the trailer would actually not be designed for dogs. I took the old kid trailer, stuck Kati in it and set off to watch Ashlynn’s last hockey game.
Kati was a big hit with Ashlynn’s team members. Perhaps she even brought them good luck because they won. Kati wasn’t happy about getting back into the rickety trailer and kept trying to jump out. Ashlynn ended up cycling home with Kati running alongside. It was just as well, because soon after she got out, the trailer fell over (I don’t think it was due to user error since I was going straight at the time). Needless to say, we got rid of the deathtrap soon after.
A few weeks later, another friend sold me her proper dog trailer which we upgraded with a cushion and special leash that allows Kati to poke her head out of the top. She was very hesitant to get inside, but hopefully she’ll work up to enjoying it.



No comments:
Post a Comment