Friday, March 21, 2014

Sinterklaas Arrives in The Hague...

Ashlynn and I went to The Hague to go shopping and watch the Sinterklaas Parade, which made its way from Scheveningen to downtown. She hadn’t been to the parade in years and enjoyed it more than she expected.
As usual, there were mischievous Zwarte Piets using a wide variety of transportation.
The controversy of the politically incorrect Zwarte Piets continues to grow every year, but amazingly there were even black children dressed up as Sinterklaas’ helpers.
I usually fail to get a photo of Sinterklaas himself. After we watched the end of the parade, we headed to the bike parking lot to grab our bikes. The procession came to a halt right in front of us. When I walked over to take a photo of Sint, he was sweet to motion that I should stand in another spot to get a better angle.

No comments: