In January 2014, I signed up Veronica for Sea Change Mentoring, a mentoring program for third culture kids. I thought it would be good for Veronica to have an unbiased adult to discuss her big decision of which country to go to university. Despite Sea Change being a new company, the director managed to find the perfect match for Veronica: Beatriz.
Bea was born in Mexico to French and Spanish parents, but grew up in London. She then studied in Canada and ended up living near Cancun where she worked as a scientist. When she and her boyfriend were coming to Europe, she asked me if she could meet Veronica. Of course, I wanted them to meet and was happy to go along as well.
Veronica was really touched when Bea gave her the student cookbook that she used while at university, a book about scientific report writing and a basket for tortillas.
It was so great that Veronica and Bea got to finally meet in person. They will continue their official mentor/student relationship through Veronica’s first term at uni, but hopefully their friendship will continue much longer.




No comments:
Post a Comment