Sorry once again for a lack of posts. I've been in the South of France for the last week. I anticipated I'd have lots of time to catch up on my blog, but without any Internet (apparently the phone line was cut at the end of the road), I was instead forced to relax by the pool and read for most of my holiday. More on that later....
In late February, Jimmy and I went to an AWC Cocktail Party in Oestgeest. While waiting for our bus from Leiden Centraal, we relaxed in a newly opened waiting area. We were very impressed with the decor, but not so impressed that whomever set the clocks didn't know that Leiden and Paris are in the same time zone.The cocktail party was great fun with a delicious potluck dinner, a guitarist and a large variety of cocktails. Failed to get a nice photo of me and Jimmy, but here I am with the lady taking over my job as Editor, the lady whose job of Treasurer I'm taking over and the lady that is thankfully staying to be my Assistant Treasurer.
Future AWC President Mary Ann, in the center, amazed us with an incredible a cappella performance from Porgy and Bess. She and I were both thrilled that a visitor that Georgia brought along just happened to have spare pussy hats for us. Celeste, on the left, was a great hostess.



No comments:
Post a Comment