We felt bad that we dragged Veronica to a hash on her birthday and that her sister wasn’t even in town, so we decided to splurge and get her an exciting birthday surprise that we could all enjoy: ziplining on the pier in Scheveningen. If you look closely, you can see the two wires coming out of the tower in the background.
The girls had us go first from the 180-foot (55-meter) high platform.
The wire extended .20 miles (350 meters) over the North Sea and back along the pier with speeds up to 50 mph (80 kph). It was awesome! It should be no surprise that Jimmy let go......while I held on tightly. Silly Jimmy should have changed into jeans after his run to the beach so that I could have shared his solo photo, but I figured it was better to spare everyone.
We came in for an easy landing upon a platform on the top level of the pier. As there was no way to photograph each other, we were glad that the photo package wasn’t outrageously expensive.






No comments:
Post a Comment