Friday, May 04, 2018

Drinks in London...

From Bath, we caught a train to West London to spend several days with Veronica. That first evening we went to a Vietnamese restaurant for pho and then to Evans & Peel, a secret bar in Chiswick. From the outside it looks like an old-fashioned pharmacy until they open the door and the windows black out so no one can see the bar inside. 
Unlike The Doctor in Rotterdam, I was allowed to take a photo inside this cute bar.
The following day while Veronica was at work, I pulled off a major surprise for Ashlynn. I had completely thrown her by telling her that we had an appointment after lunch. When we approached the theater showing The Lion King and she realized my bluff, it brought tears to her eyes. Despite having seats in the back row, we both thoroughly loved the show. Afterwards, she went to Veronica’s choir practice while I met up with Camilla at a small cafĂ© at the impressive Somerset House. It was so great to see her that when she invited me to spend a night at her place later in the week, there was no way I could turn her down.

No comments: