Thursday, September 27, 2018

Spotted in Amsterdam...

Perhaps I’m partial to the VW Beetle because it was my parents’ first car; I have no memories of being placed in a basket on the floor back in the days before children’s car seats, but I’m happy that I survived to tell the tale. 
I loved coming across The Beetle Sphere by Ichwan Noor, an Indonesian artist. He carved a spherical replica of the body out of polyurethane and cast it in aluminium, and then did a similar process for the interior. He added some original car parts to complete the illusion.
In this age of mobile devices, it was nice to see a bunch of folks reading magazines and books on a nice Saturday morning.
Although I didn’t find a dress for an upcoming wedding, I did really like the front window of this funky vintage shop.
While drinking a beer at an outdoor café in Amsterdam Noord, it was entertaining to watch a fashion shoot shot on a bridge. At one point, the photographer climbed up on the railing as well. 

No comments: