The house was lovely, but the journey there scared the crap out of me.
I let Ashlynn navigate as she’s not scared of the winding mountain roads like I am. This is the view from the parking lot when we stopped for lunch.
I love this shot that Veronica took!
The main road across the island through a series of tunnels was relatively flat, but once off that we encountered a bunch of incredibly steep switchbacks. Although there was always a guardrail, I still found the roads terrifying.
Jimmy doesn’t share my fears and drove with confidence. He clearly had too much confidence when he attempted to drive up a road with a warning sign about its 32% grade. As he neared the crest, he realized that he wasn’t going to make it. Luckily there was no one behind us and he was able to back down into a driveway to turn around.
After a trip to the grocery store, we relaxed back at the house.
We ate most of our meals by the pool...


No comments:
Post a Comment