Friday, March 22, 2019

Tea with the US Ambassador’s Wife...

I was not impressed with the new US Ambassador to the Netherlands after hearing him speak at a tour for the AWC of the new US Embassy. However, I have enjoyed meeting his wife, Diane, at several AWC activities and thought it was very sweet of her to invite members over to the ambassador’s residence for tea.
While we sat around the beautiful living room, where we have had officer installations in the past, Diane asked each of us to introduce ourselves and explain how we came to live in Holland. In all my years at the AWC, we had never done this simple yet enlightening exercise.
Diane let us wonder around freely on the ground floor to see the wonderful art in the public rooms, most of which is borrowed from the artists. I especially liked this cool felt mural by a Dutch woman...
...and how it appeared in the selfie I took with a bunch of the ladies.

No comments: