Although public transport was incredibly cheap, we opted to walk a lot. While walking near the University of Sydney, we spotted this cool building covered in plants...
...some unusual street art...
...and a funny sign above a pub.
We enjoyed the Glebe Flea Market, which featured mostly locals selling their crafts or junk at bargain prices. I bought Ashlynn a ring and myself a necklace made out of old Australian coins. I also bought her a bunch of second-hand clothes.
While I’m not usually a big fan of little yapper dogs, these ones looked pretty adorable.
I’m also not a fan of coffee, but thought this coffee cup sculpture was pretty funny.
Like we saw in parts of Melbourne, we came across several historic neighborhoods with rod iron balconies.
I enjoyed getting to meet Ashlynn’s friends. The boys were Ashlynn’s roommates for four weeks: 18-year-old Josh and 20-year-old Rex, both from the UK. The girls were both models who made Ashlynn look short: 17-year-old Riahn from Sydney and 19-year-old Soso from Berlin. It was so sweet of Riahn to invite me along for a house party for her brother’s 20th birthday.
It was quite an experience to journey to the suburbs and party with a bunch of strangers. Not only did Riahn’s parents roll out the red carpet for us then, but they later invited Ashlynn to live with them for her final two weeks in Sydney. She and Riahn had a great time together.









No comments:
Post a Comment