Monday, July 13, 2020

Art in Brussels...

Earlier in the day, I came across the ING Art Center, where I got free entrance as an ING Bank customer. Their special exhibit Love. Hate. Debate. “This is Not an Exhibition. And You Are Not Just a Visitor.” was super cool. In The Food Chain Project, Itamar Gilboa meticulously listed all the food he consumed over a whole year, which he then used to make a plaster cast menu with more than 6,000 items. Above them hangs 240 Plaster Surrogates, in which Allan McCollum created bright plaster emblems to represent paintings.

In Quantum Cloud IV, Anthony Gormley used steel bars to ponder whether the body is emerging from a chaotic energy field, or if the field is emerging from the body. Personally, I especially liked the shadow.
It wasn’t easy to catch this mirror with only art reflected in it rather than visitors.
I always enjoy seeing reflections in polished steel sculptures and Moving Sentry by Beverly Pepper was no exception. Apparently, this sculpture is often set up in a corner at the entrance to a boardroom, befitting of a sentry.
On our walk home that evening, we came across some more art, including this statue of a singer...
...and these cool mirrors.
Galerie Sept, a contemporary art gallery, was open late, so we popped in for a look around.
Their art was definitely whimsical and entertaining.
Lastly, electricity and Mother Nature combined to provide some more cool art.

No comments: