Friday, July 09, 2021

Tulip Bike Hash...

I was thrilled when I learned that the Dutch were offering free “test to release” COVID tests after our 5th day of quarantine to enable us to cut short what is normally 10 days of isolation. Ashlynn and I went to the Leiden testing site and were really impressed with how efficient everything was. We were really lucky as we got our results fast enough that we could join the AH3 Tulip Bash the following day. 
Jimmy and Veronica opted to cycle to Sassenheim, while Ashlynn and I took our bikes on the train. The beginning of the trail was a bit messed up because it had rained and washed away most of the marks, but the hare finally started laying new marks so we could carry on to the incredible fields. 
What a great activity for the four of us to do together! It was extra special as it was Ashlynn’s first time to cycle the bulb fields outside of Wassenaar. We had beautiful blue skies, but it was a bit chilly.
We stopped for a brief moment across the street from this incredible show garden. 
 
The fields would normally be packed with crowds of tourists, so we were fortunate to have many of them to ourselves.
After ending with a beer in a park, Jimmy and Veronica split off to explore some more while Ashlynn and I started the journey home. 

 

No comments: