Thursday, August 05, 2021

A Big Day...

Ashlynn opted to spend her 21st birthday on May 16 with Soso in Germany, where she had a great time in Berlin and Luneburg. She saw firsthand how Germany was very far ahead of the Netherlands in regards to COVID-19 testing, as she had four tests within six days, all free of charge, and vaccinating, as Soso and her roommates were all already vaccinated, long before Ashlynn would have a chance. 
May 18 was a big day for me as I received my 2nd Moderna coronavirus vaccination. I was originally sent to Leiden for an 8 a.m. appointment. There was a long line outside, but it went quickly once I got inside. Unfortunately, it turned out that they weren’t administering Moderna at that location. Luckily a supervisor made some phone calls and managed to find me an appointment that morning in Rijswijk. 
It wasn’t nearly as convenient and I missed out spending the morning with Veronica, but at least I caught some cool reflection shots in some of the office buildings as I walked to the vaccination location. 
It was all very efficient once I got there. I actually didn’t feel the jab at all. If I hadn’t had some pain in my arm, I would have thought I hadn’t gotten the jab. The following day I had a low-grade fever, which was apparently an indicator that the vaccine was working. 
It was also a big day for Veronica as she took the train back to England...
...to reunite with Brett. We were sad that she left, but understood that she wanted to be able to spend one more month in Exeter in their love nest before they had to move out. She would have to spend 10 of those days in quarantine, but at least they were together. 

No comments: