The following day, we did a long hash around downtown Brussels. Rather than marking trail, the hares gave each runner an envelope with a number on the outside and a photo on the inside of a statue or other landmark. Luckily the locals could quickly identify the sites. Eventually I had to pass on my envelope so that the pack wouldn’t have to wait for me since I’m much slower, and I walked the rest of the trail with one of the hares. It was fun seeing some familiar spots and some new ones.
It’s always fun to go past the Manneken Pis Museum and see a sample of his adorable costumes (sorry that my reflection obscures the view).
We passed the EU Complex, where several hashers work, then circled in a park.
Afterwards we went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant with this large poster of the Jeanneke Pis statue. After learning that our train was cancelled, Claire and Jan rescued us by offering a bed for the night. It was great visiting their lovely home after seeing many photos on Facebook about their major renovation project.










No comments:
Post a Comment