While Jimmy studied for a big job interview later in July, I went to my first London H3 hash. It was a long journey to get to Epping Forest in the north east, further complicated because the closest train station was closed for repairs.
Luckily it was worth the long journey as the trail was almost entirely in the beautiful national park with two beer stops (both of which we had to buy our own drinks, just like at the end). Despite a group of us spending some time lost since the trails by the two hares didn’t match up correctly, it was still a great hash.
Supposedly fit for a king, I figured this ale was fit for me. We’ve had to adjust our expectations since British beers are quite expensive, as well as much lighter than our usual Dutch and Belgian beers.
Getting a down-down is truly an award since it’s rare to get free things at London hashes and I got a free half-pint for doing my first trail with London H3.








No comments:
Post a Comment