Tuesday, November 11, 2025

Final Bits of Berlin...

Luckily I managed to fall back to sleep after seeing sunrise at 4:37am. 
While the guys worked, I spent the day with Fleshmob and some other visiting hashers from Edinburgh. During our long walk from the East Gallery, we saw the Oberbaum Bridge, a double-decker bridge with subway trains crossing on the top since 1902. 
Next we went up the Berliner Fernsehturm (TV Tower). built in 1969 as a functioning broadcasting facility and a symbol of communist power. At 1,207 feet (368 meters) tall, it is still the tallest structure in Germany. 
The observation deck was at 666 feet (203 meters), which is actually shorter than Horizon 22 in London. The views were nice, but not sure they were worth the high price of entry (guess I’m spoiled with all of those free viewing platforms in London).
We saw the sunset from our plane back to London.
While we were flying back, Dogsh*t (who we knew from Amsterdam and now lives in Hong Kong) was at City H3. He accepted an award for Opee for Most Trails Laid in the previous year. 
 

No comments: