No visit to London is complete without a visit to the London Eye, as seen here from one of several pedestrian bridges over the Thames. We also managed to visit the National Gallery (which was wonderful and had a great audio tour for the kids) and the Tate Gallery (too modern for our tastes). To make the most of the dry weather, we had several picnics from Marks & Spencer (it's amazing how finally having an assortment of wraps and salads available could make us all so happy). We also swung through the infamous Harrod's, which has just begun offering $7,000 weddings for dogs complete with a horse-drawn carriage for the bride's arrival proving that some people just have too much money.Although I had previously said I was finished with big city holidays, we had so much fun over the weekend in London that the girls and I trained back in twice from Huntingdon while Jimmy worked during the week. We really enjoyed touring Buckingham Palace (the Queen was conveniently in Scotland while 1000's of tourists tromped through her home) and exploring the British Museum.
No comments:
Post a Comment