The good news for a bargain shopper like me is that most stores in Holland feature prices along with the clothes in the front windows. Clothes tend to be pricey and shoes ridiculously expensive with major sales only held twice a year, but at least I have a warning before entering a new shop. The bad news is even after a year here I still have no fashion sense. Somehow I thought some amount of Euro-Hip would rub off on me, but no such luck. Many tops are very low cut, which might make for nice views for Jimmy, but don't help me much. Women also love to layer tops and are quite into ruffles along with blazers, which don't work so well with my coats and backpack I'm always lugging around. Boots are a big thing in the winter usually worn with capris or skirts, but hats are only for wimps like me.
Saturday, April 07, 2007
Still Fashion-Challenged...
The good news for a bargain shopper like me is that most stores in Holland feature prices along with the clothes in the front windows. Clothes tend to be pricey and shoes ridiculously expensive with major sales only held twice a year, but at least I have a warning before entering a new shop. The bad news is even after a year here I still have no fashion sense. Somehow I thought some amount of Euro-Hip would rub off on me, but no such luck. Many tops are very low cut, which might make for nice views for Jimmy, but don't help me much. Women also love to layer tops and are quite into ruffles along with blazers, which don't work so well with my coats and backpack I'm always lugging around. Boots are a big thing in the winter usually worn with capris or skirts, but hats are only for wimps like me.
Labels:
Life in Holland
No comments:
Post a Comment