Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Non-Traditional B’day Parties...

One of our family traditions is to have non-traditional bday parties. For Veronicas first few years, she and I shared our parties featuring such activities as wine and beer tasting. Eventually she outgrew those and started having her own parties. However, weve never hosted the average kiddie party where a bunch of kids are dropped at our house for a set number of hours to do a set activity, because weve always invited the entire family. Not only do I not deal well with schedules, but as the manipulative parent that I am, Ive always thought it important for me to be friends with the parents of the girls friends. I acknowledge that I dont always play well with other adults, so it isnt always easy to find friends that mesh with the entire family. Through perseverance this strategy has worked well for us and has led to a lot of fun family parties with diverse themes such as swimming, gem mining, and canoeing. As you can see, not only did the kids mesh for her 10th party, but the parents did, too.


No comments: