Monday, September 17, 2007

Reconnecting with Old Friends...

Our first stop on our whirlwind tour to reconnect with our lives in America was to spend 12 days in Raleigh. We were thrilled to get to stay with the Sparanos, who were nice enough not only to put us up and put up with us now, but also before we moved back in November 2005. After 20 months away, I was a little worried about reverse culture shock, but felt that I just picked up where I left off. Between the Harriettes Book Club being nice enough to schedule their discussion during my visit (although Im in two book clubs in Holland, nothing compares to this wonderful group) to Cummins and Kathy hosting a dinner party for Jimmys old SAS workmates to Jim and Carolyn hosting their annual hash party while we were in town, we had a great chance to catch up with a lot of old friends.

No comments: