

It may have taken me 25 long months, but the odometer on my bike finally hit 2,000 kilometers (1,250 miles). I know this doesn’t sound like a lot compared to my triathlete and mountain biking buddies or to Jimmy, who averages 4,500K (2,800 miles) per year riding to work (I don’t have an exact number since he doesn’t have odometer). However, considering our buddy Jim had predicted I’d only last 3 months without a car, I’m proud of my 2,000K. And the next 2,000K should go a lot faster now that we’re within biking distance of school. In fact I’ve included this photo of the girls on their last train and tram ride to school as a reminder that we won’t be running to catch the train anymore. On bad weather days, Ashlynn and I will still take a tram and Veronica will take a bus since she’s moving up to the middle school in September.
1 comment:
Yay Melissa -- i totally believed you could last without the car. Very proud. I only take mine for out-of-town trips anymore, and I hope I can keep it up through the winter months. Hooray for biking and walking and public transport, we Amurricuns need to get out of our comfort zones and explore alternate transport when we can.
Post a Comment