
Since I wasn’t too impressed with our Halloween experience two years ago in Wassenaar, I wasn’t too thrilled about taking the girls trick or treating in Marlot, the neighborhood where we house-sat when we first arrived in Holland. After Jimmy reminded me that Halloween wasn’t all about me, I agreed that us girls would meet him at Sherri’s house. Turns out that it was a lot of fun. The neighborhood association hired a callopie to lead a costume parade of dozens of kids (about 60% Dutch and 40% expats) winding through the streets. After the parade, the girls went trick or treating while we went back to Sherri’s for happy hour. If you’re having a tough time figuring out the girls’ costumes, Ashlynn is a mermaid and Veronica is a blonde Sarah Palin despite not having $150,000 clothing budget (just for the record, it was her idea).
No comments:
Post a Comment