Last year, I reported that it took me 25 months to cycle 2,000 kilometers, but I expected that number to increase rapidly once we started cycling to school from our new house. Now I’m happy to report that in the last 12 months, I cycled 3,000K (1,865 miles). While this might not sound like a lot to my serious cycling buddies, keep in mind that I cycle for transportation without lycra in rain or shine. The girls have also really increased their mileage as Ashlynn’s roundtrip is almost 7 miles per day and Veronica’s is 5.5. You can see that Veronica is really turning into a Little Dutch Girl as she’s mastered cycling while carrying an umbrella. I, on the other hand, won’t be mistaken as Dutch because no self-respecting Dutch lady would ride a man’s bike since you can’t hop on/off gracefully while wearing a skirt.
Monday, April 06, 2009
5,000 Clicks...
Last year, I reported that it took me 25 months to cycle 2,000 kilometers, but I expected that number to increase rapidly once we started cycling to school from our new house. Now I’m happy to report that in the last 12 months, I cycled 3,000K (1,865 miles). While this might not sound like a lot to my serious cycling buddies, keep in mind that I cycle for transportation without lycra in rain or shine. The girls have also really increased their mileage as Ashlynn’s roundtrip is almost 7 miles per day and Veronica’s is 5.5. You can see that Veronica is really turning into a Little Dutch Girl as she’s mastered cycling while carrying an umbrella. I, on the other hand, won’t be mistaken as Dutch because no self-respecting Dutch lady would ride a man’s bike since you can’t hop on/off gracefully while wearing a skirt.
Labels:
Our Family
No comments:
Post a Comment