

As the American International Rep at our school, I worked with Veronica to come up with a script fitting for this year’s theme of Songs Around the World for the school’s international show. We quickly decided on singing a medley of folk and pop songs, and started recruiting kids to join us (apparently by including Canadians, one of the Canadian moms feared that I risked causing an international incidence, but I reminded her that we were just lowly parent reps not Ambassadors.) Jimmy made a campfire out of fabric and a fan that he carried on his bike to the performance. He played an old codger complete with a beard and a bottle of booze. The big hit of the show was when Elvis appeared, played by Max despite his British accent. We all enjoyed the ending when we said “Elvis has left the building.”
No comments:
Post a Comment