

The website for our hotel in Istanbul said we’d have a
Turkish Bath in our bathroom. This meant nothing to us before we arrived, but we quickly became big fans and skipped showers for the rest of the week. Basically, we filled up a marble sink without a drain with hot water. We then used a bowl to pour the water on ourselves before and after soaping up. Once we got to the resort, there was a large public bath with heated slabs of marble and multiple sinks that we could use. While the family was in the sea, I had a foam and massage (sorry had to borrow these photos as I didn’t bring the camera in that steamy room). Wasn’t crazy about the loofah, which felt like sandpaper scraped across my skin, but loved the foam. Was surprised that the masseuse was male since I was topless, but when in Rome...
No comments:
Post a Comment