Friday, January 01, 2010

Dressed to Kill...


Happy New Year! It might look liked we’re dressed up here for New Year’s Eve, but this was actually for the 234th Marine Corps Birthday Ball in November. We were thrilled that Terri and Chris were able to join us this year. It was her idea to rent dresses. I’d envisioned that I’d find a colorful ball gown, but instead both of us ended up in black satin. We’d worked together that afternoon at the Holiday Bazaar for the American Women’s Club, then went to her house to get ready. The opening ceremony was much more intense this year with a video highlighting two Marine heroes that died in Iraq while saving their entire platoon. Luckily, the rest of the evening was more lighthearted. Once again, Jimmy and I enjoyed wandering around the empty miniatures park after dinner. The music was much better this year, so we even did some dancing.

No comments: