
One of the benefits of expat life is getting to meet a lot of great people. One of the downsides is that good friends move at the whims of their companies. Darlene has been a very special friend over the last three years as we’ve spent hours baring our souls while scrapbooking and travelling together. As she and Mike prepared to move back to California, I spent every spare moment with her. We were thrilled they could join us for the first night of Hanukkah for kugel (noodle casserole) and latkes (potato pancakes). Our final celebration was the following evening for a gourmet meal at their hotel. I’m really going to miss her, but am happy that she lives near my dad so I know our paths will cross frequently.

No, we weren’t doing something we didn’t want the girls to see. Darlene and Mike gave them airline business class packs and a cool candle holder for Hanukkah. They were happy to get to spend two last evenings with Lance, who they’ll miss dogsitting.
1 comment:
Those yarmulkes look awfully familiar - Suzanne
Post a Comment