Monday, March 15, 2010

A Rock Star at the Rock Garden?


After taking a photo of some school girls, a few of them came up to me and asked for my autograph. The pen they gave me wasn’t working, so I grabbed the first thing I could find in my purse—an eye liner. I had to stop after the third hand as I didn’t have a sharpener and needed to use it that evening. As we continued to walk around, I was stopped twice to have my photo taken, the first time with a newlywed couple and then with a family. We figured there were three possibilities:

1) They’d mistaken me for someone else and were greatly disappointed when they saw my signature.

2) They’d never seen a white person close up.

3) They wanted proof that they’d seen a floozie with bare ankles. (Mandy thinks it was this one!)

No comments: