Wednesday, September 08, 2010

A Girl's Weekend in London...


I was so excited when I found out that Holly, my oldest friend from 3rd grade, was going to come over for a visit. She’d never been to Europe before and her husband couldn’t get away, so she came over by herself for a quick eight-night trip. As soon as school got out for the summer and I could drop off Ashlynn at home, I set off for the Eurostar from Brussels to travel under the Chunnel. We met at the hotel in Earls Court and headed for a great traditional British pot pie at the pub across the street. We spent much of our weekend trying to visit spots that I hadn’t been to yet. Here you see us on the London Eye and Westminster Abbey, which was quite spectacular but wouldn’t allow photos inside. We also went to Kensington Palace, the Tower Bridge exhibition and the British Museum.

No comments: