
With superior navigation skills, Jimmy managed to find a relatively flat route back to Reims. Much of the 41 miles was along canals. There were quite a few locks, one of which of we stopped to watch in action. Unfortunately, our paved path gave way to gravel and then to dirt. I toppled off my bike after hitting a slick portion. My pride and knees bruised, I managed to continue on for the 2nd half of the route. Once in Reims, our timing was perfect to catch the last train to Lille. After three hours on trains, I couldn’t bend my injured knee. My bike made a good crutch and I managed to walk to the hotel. When I woke up in the morning, I still couldn’t lift my leg enough to mount my bike, so it was time to change plans once again.
No comments:
Post a Comment