
Since this was the girls’ first races, we really had no idea what to expect. The kid’s 2.5K started first. Above you can spot Ashlynn on the left side as the route took them through the chute for the 5K. We lost sight of them, but had a good view for when they turned the final corner to the end stretch. Imagine my surprise when I realized that Ashlynn was the 2nd girl! Since the kids didn’t run with chips, the time wasn’t official, but Ashlynn crossed the finish at 10:36 for a 6:49/mile pace. Unfortunately, I didn’t manage to get any photos of Veronica because I underestimated how fast she’d be and missed seeing her finish while trying to track down Ashlynn amongst the huge crowds. John had assumed that she wouldn’t be able to keep up with him, but was happy to cross the finish holding her hand. She had a chip, so we know that she was the 30th woman to finish with a net time of 25:49 and a pace of 8:19/mile. Not that I’ve done many races, but I think my best 5K time was around 31:00. Clearly these speedy girls take after their daddy!
No comments:
Post a Comment