
The only market I’d ever visited in London was Camden, which is chaotic and touristy. What a joy it was go to two fantastic and artsy markets that wasn’t full of I ♥ London t-shirts. First we went to
Up Market, in the Old Truman Brewery. I almost bought a belt made out of aluminum can tabs, but the girls talked me out of it.

Then we went to
Old Spitalfields Market, which is housed in a Victorian market hall on a site that has hosted a market since 1638. We could have easily spent hours wandering the artists’ booths. We bought some transport card holders out of recycled maps and the artist took our picture for her Facebook page. There were lots of lunch options; Camilla and I especially loved the salad sampler from the Caribbean booth. Next we headed to the Foundling Museum; it shows the history of the Foundling Hospital, which began taking in orphans and abandoned children in 1739. It was then time to reclaim our luggage, make our way to Liverpool Station and grab some dinner at Marks & Spencer before getting on a train to Harwich to catch a ferry home.
No comments:
Post a Comment