Wednesday, October 12, 2011
Can’t Keep ’em Out of the Water...
Despite cold water temperatures, the girls went into the river several times. They especially liked going down small rapids in their personal flotation devices (they’re not called “life vests” while white water rafting because they’re not guaranteed to save your life). I finally gave in and went in for one small rapid. Have very fond memories of doing the same thing when I was in summer camp as a kid, but somehow didn’t like it nearly as much as an old lady. Back at camp, Ashlynn got recruited to help cook dessert, which was a cake baked in an cast iron pot over a charcoal grill; it was delicious as was the rest of dinner. Jimmy enjoyed teaching some of the raft guides how to juggle. I enjoyed that I had two thermal pads under my sleeping bag so I could actually sleep comfortably.
Labels:
California,
Home Leave 2011


No comments:
Post a Comment