The next day was our anniversary. After breakfast, we went to the market to buy fixings for a picnic, then set off on our hike. Little did we know that the route we chose would take us basically straight up and straight down; at least we enjoyed the views from the top. We didn’t see much wildlife, but Jimmy almost stepped on this snake. Luckily, it wasn’t poisonous or threatening.
Friday, October 07, 2011
Our Carmel Valley Getaway...
When Jimmy asked me what I wanted to do for our 18th anniversary, I said I wanted to go hiking. We weren’t sure where to go, so we were happy to follow Leigh’s advice and ended up spending two nights in Carmel Valley. Our first afternoon was spent wandering the small village and visiting some wine tasting rooms, followed by happy hour at the Country Garden Inn and a wonderful dinner at Café Rustica.
Labels:
California,
Home Leave 2011


No comments:
Post a Comment