Friday, June 20, 2014

Interesting Sights in The Hague...

The roads were blocked off near the AWC over two weeks in advance of the Nuclear Security Summit, which welcomed 58 world leaders including President Obama. Jimmy was pleased that his morning commute to work was timed perfectly to witness Obama’s motorcade pass under a bike bridge. The girls were pleased that the many road closures resulted in school closing for two days. I was relieved that there were no terrorist attacks.
 I just love this statue of eating herring.
I was bummed to see the iconic Scheveningen Pier shuttered closed after no buyers stepped forward to save it after bankruptcy of the main tenant.
After massive flooding in parts of the UK, much of which was blamed on the lack of dredging of the waterways, I was happy to see that the Dutch continue to regularly dredge the canals.

No comments: