Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Red Dress Trail....

The day Ashlynn flew to California, I took a train down to Brussels to meet Jimmy for the largest hash event we’ve ever attended: Brussels Beer Odyssey 2014. The next morning I helped give out shirts and mugs for the Red Dress Hash or rather Red Dress Walk. As one of the hares, Opee received a lovely tutu and special shirt and spent the morning learning about his duties. I cheated this year and actually bought a new dress rather than the usual thrift store variety.
Hares wearing safety vests? This wasn’t the average Red Dress Hash! When the Brussels police discovered that 2,000 runners wanted to invade downtown, they freaked. Instead, we had to walk in groups of 100 with staggered start times. Deep Throat, head hare, was in charge of making sure the groups followed the rules--something that hashers aren’t known for.
While it was disappointing that we couldn’t run and that the police insisted we avoid all major tourist sites, at least the event wasn’t cancelled. The weather was great and it was legal to carry an open beer, so the whining didn’t last long.

No comments: