Friday, December 04, 2015

Off to Italy...

June 28 was an unusual day for our family as we all scattered in different directions. Veronica had a 5 a.m. flight to Malia on the island of Crete for the Year 13 Graduation Trip. Ashlynn had to be at school at 6 a.m. to catch a bus to Switzerland for the Year 10 Biology/Geography trip. Since Jimmy was also leaving that morning for his Renewable Energy Executive Management Program in Switzerland, I figured I needed to get away as well. Lucky for me that after spending almost a week with us, Darlene had headed to Italy to stay in her cousin’s apartment and there was space for me.
So on the 28th, I caught a flight to Venice and Darlene picked me up to take me to the apartment in Bassano del Grappa, famous for the invention of grappa. Her sister Rita and her brother-in-law Doug would arrive later that day; the apartment was spacious so they didn’t mind me invading their space.
Darlene and I walked around the historic center of Bassano and had lunch on an outside terrace.

No comments: