On June 27, I dropped off Veronica for a flight to Johannesburg, South Africa. The airport was a complete zoo and it took so long to drop off her bag that she almost missed her flight. The following morning she caught a flight to Mozambique, where she spent 4.5 weeks at Guanjata Dive Centre with the marine conversation group Love the Oceans, followed by 5 nights in Kruger National Park in South Africa.
When Ashlynn found out that Veronica was heading to Africa, she figured out a way so she could do the same. Since she was too young to go on Veronica’s volunteer program, she found another that would accept a 16-year-old: Frontier Marine Conservation and Diving. Although she would be camping for four weeks on Mafia Island off the coast of Tanzania, she had to bring a lot of her own diving equipment. Thus, she had a lot more luggage than Veronica as you can see when Jimmy and I dropped her off at Schiphol on July 3 for her flight to Dar es Salaam, which I was pretty distressed to learn is one of the world’s most dangerous airports.


No comments:
Post a Comment