Friday, September 22, 2017

Hashing in the Ardennes...

We had to walk about 1.25 miles (2K) to the start of the hash trail because the hare thought the route between the campsite and the start was too boring to be included in his beautiful trail. While that seemed silly at first, he was right as the scenery was impressive.
Also as silly as it sounds, I was worried about my health after really struggling on the trail, which seemed to just be an easy path through the woods. After much huffing and puffing, I was relieved to see that the trail had actually gained some good elevation as we looked down upon the river next to our campsite.
I ran much of the way with Abbie...
...and Ola, who I was especially thrilled to see for the first time since she had moved to Germany.
Julie was frequently called up for down-downs during the circle as we helped her celebrate her 50th birthday. She came well prepared with plenty of bubbly for everyone.
There were several ceremonies and Nick sang a great song, but the most shocking moment was when Higgins presented Julie with his university degree in engineering and then set it on fire. Needless to say, it was a crazy night with good food and much merriment.

No comments: