Friday, January 05, 2018

Big Band and Miscellaneous...

After our return from Alcatraz, Ashlynn and I headed to Alameda to watch Dad play with the Bob Enos Legacy Big Band. Ashlynn was by far the youngest in the audience.
 It was cool seeing Dad playing a few solos.
Although we didn’t encounter many panhandlers during our visit, this sign in front of my parent’s favorite grocery store in Menlo Park was a stark reminder of California’s problem with homelessness.
I went on several morning runs in my parent’s neighborhood. It was hard not to gawk at the many mansions, but I gawked at this house for an entirely different reason.
Although we had a lot of great meals in California, the one that stuck with us the most was at a new Chinese restaurant in Menlo Park where we were introduced to Chinese Garlic Eggplant, which we have since made many times at home.

No comments: